Being resolutely convinced that peace and stability cannot be achieved without the presence of a developed system of rule of law and respect for human rights, as well as in accordance with the objectives of sustainable development, adopted by the United Nations in September 2015, UNDP in the Kyrgyz Republic over the past year has developed a comprehensive and consolidated programs in democratic governance area.
As part of its program, UNDP promotes participation, accountability and efficiency at all levels. We want to create an effective and reliable potential state characterized by accountability, transparency, inclusiveness and responsiveness to citizens - from the election, ending the participation of women and the low-income population.
Our projects have a wide range - from improvement of access to justice for the most vulnerable people living in remote regions, providing technical assistance and expertise in the supervisory bodies such as the Institute of the Ombudsman, to support the executive and legislative bodies in the development and implementation of ongoing judicial reform. All these activities are carried out within the framework of fruitful cooperation with national government institutions, with the continuous involvement of young people, as well as the most important and active civil society organizations. We also contributed to the preparations for the parliamentary elections in 2015, raising public awareness about the electoral process, the methods of conflict resolution and new ICT tools.
Taking into account our experience and in synergy with the provisions of the National Strategy for Sustainable Development, UNDP in the Kyrgyz Republic in the coming years plans to expand its participation in the democratic governance process to ensure the sustainability of the reforms and help the country to achieve the new goals of sustainable development: “Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels”.
- Ethno-cultural festival: For strengthening intercultural relations
- If nobody respects the laws, why should I be the first one?
- Early Response to Early Marriages
- Sign language to understand the world
- Stats on the go
- When you dream...
- Message for the International Day to end violence against women and girls
- Climate Change and Security in Central Asia
- The Government of Japan allocates US$11.9 million for three projects in the Kyrgyz Republic to be implemented by UNDP and UNICEF
- Statement of the Secretary General on World Autism Awareness Day
- Statement of the Secretary-General on International Women’s Day
- The United Nations and the private sector in Kyrgyzstan: exploring areas for potential partnership